April 18, 2012
Copyright (C) 2005-2012 Splunk Inc. All rights reserved.
Be sure that you have fulfilled these requirements before you install the Splunk App for Enterprise Security 2.0 release.
The Splunk App for Enterprise Security prerequisites
The Splunk App for Enterprise Security is dependent on the Splunk platform, which must be installed and configured prior to installing and deploying Splunk for Enterprise Security.
- Splunk 4.2.5 or higher on any supported system platform
See the "System requirements" in the Splunk documentation for the platforms, browsers, and plug-ins supported by your version of Splunk. Also review "Capacity planning for a larger Splunk deployment" in the Splunk documentation.
Note: The Incident Review dashboard feature in the Splunk App for Enterprise Security does not work on the Solaris operating system.
- Dedicated Search Head instance
- Minimum 8GB of RAM
- Review Documentation:Splunk:Installation:CapacityplanningforalargerSplunkdeployment "Capacity planning" in the Splunk documentation.
Supported browser engines for the Splunk App for Enterprise Security 2.0
- Gecko engine: Firefox tested
- Webkit engine: Safari tested
- Chromium engine: Chrome tested
- Internet Explorer: 7 and 8 tested
|Splunk App for Enterprise Security 2.0||January 31, 2012|
|Splunk App for Enterprise Security 2.0.1||March 12, 2012|
|Splunk App for Enterprise Security 2.0.2||April 18, 2012|
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise Security: 2.0