Windows performance monitoring - local
Splunk is the simple, web-based alternative to Performance Monitor. Whether you want to watch disk I/O, memory metrics such as free pages or commit charge, or network statistics, Splunk's collection, charting and reporting utilities increase its extensibility.
Here's how to get your performance metrics with Splunk:
1. Go to the Windows performance data page in Splunk Web.
2. Under Collection name, enter a unique name for this collection that you'll remember.
3. In the Available objects drop-down box, select a performance object that you would like for Splunk to monitor.
The Available counters window appears, containing counters that are specific to the object you just selected.
4. From the Available counters listbox, click once on each counter that you would like for Splunk to collect performance data for.
The desired performance counters will appear in the Selected counters window.
5. Next, from the Available instances listbox, click once on each of the desired instances for the counters selected above, that you would like for Splunk to track.
The desired instances will appear in the Selected instances list box.
You can usually leave the other settings as they are, though if you want to change the polling interval, you can do so by specifying it in the "Polling interval" field. Look here for detailed information on those settings.
6. Click Save.
7. From the Success page, click Search to start searching. You can enter any term that’s in your data, or you can click on a source, source type or host to see data from the events as they come into Splunk.
For more information on getting data from files and directories, see "Real-time Windows performance monitoring" in this manual.
Windows registry - remote
Windows performance monitoring - remote
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.5, 4.3.6, 4.3.7, 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3, 5.0.4, 5.0.5, 5.0.6, 5.0.7, 5.0.8, 5.0.9, 5.0.10, 5.0.11, 5.0.12, 5.0.13, 5.0.14, 5.0.15, 5.0.16, 5.0.17, 5.0.18, 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3, 6.0.4, 6.0.5, 6.0.6, 6.0.7, 6.0.8, 6.0.9, 6.0.10, 6.0.11, 6.0.12, 6.0.13, 6.0.14, 6.1, 6.1.1, 6.1.2, 6.1.3, 6.1.4, 6.1.5, 6.1.6, 6.1.7, 6.1.8, 6.1.9, 6.1.10, 6.1.11, 6.1.12, 6.1.13