Custom alert actions overview
Unique use cases can require custom alerting functionality and integration.
Use the Splunk platform custom alert action API to create alert action apps that admins can download and install from Splunkbase. Users can access and configure installed custom alert actions in Splunk Web. The API lets you create a user experience consistent with the standard Splunk platform alerting workflow.
Use the following resources to learn how to build a custom alert action.
- API overview
- Custom alert action component reference
- Build custom alert action components
- Create custom alert configuration files
- Create a custom alert script
- Define a custom alert action user interface
- Optional custom alert action components
- Advanced options for working with custom alert actions
To try out a custom alert action, you can use the built-in webhook alert action to send notifications to a web resource, like a chat room or blog. For more information, see Use a webhook alert action in the Alerting Manual.
Custom alert action component reference
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.3.0, 6.3.1, 6.3.2, 6.3.3, 6.3.4, 6.3.5, 6.3.6, 6.3.7, 6.3.8, 6.3.9, 6.3.10, 6.3.11, 6.3.12