Where to get more apps and add-ons
You can find new apps and add-ons on Splunkbase: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/. You can also browse new apps from the Splunk Enterprise home page.
If you are connected to the internet
If your Splunk Enterprise server or your client machine are connected to the internet, you can navigate to the app browser from the home page.
- You can click the + sign below your last installed app to go directly to the app browser.
- You can also click the gear next to Apps to go to the apps manager page. Click Browse more apps to go to the app browser.
Important: If Splunk Web is located behind a proxy server, you might have trouble accessing Splunkbase. To solve this problem, you need to set the
HTTP_PROXY environment variable, as described in Use Splunk Web with a reverse proxy configuration.
If you are not connected to the internet
If your Splunk Enterprise server and client do not have internet connectivity, you must download apps from Splunkbase and copy them over to your server:
1. From a computer connected to the internet, browse Splunkbase for the app or add-on you want.
2. Download the app or add-on.
3. Once downloaded, copy it to your Splunk Enterprise server.
4. Put it in your
5. Untar and ungzip your app or add-on, using a tool like
tar -xvf (on *nix) or WinZip (on Windows). Note that Splunk apps and add-ons are packaged with a .SPL extension although they are just tarred and gzipped. You may need to force your tool to recognize this extension.
6. You may need to restart Splunk Enterprise, depending on the contents of the app or add-on.
7. Your app or add-on is now installed and will be available from Splunk Home (if it has a web UI component).
Configure Splunk Web to open directly to an app
App deployment overview
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.3.0, 6.3.1, 6.3.2, 6.3.3, 6.3.4, 6.3.5, 6.3.6, 6.3.7, 6.3.8, 6.3.9, 6.3.10, 6.3.11, 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.4.5, 6.4.6, 6.4.7, 6.4.8, 6.5.0, 6.5.1, 6.5.1612 (Splunk Cloud only), 6.5.2, 6.5.3, 6.5.4, 6.5.5, 6.6.0, 6.6.1, 6.6.2