Building customizations for the Splunk platform
Learn about APIs and other Splunk platform customization options.
Learn how to build custom solutions for data input, analysis, and alert actions.
|Custom visualizations||Create custom visualizations for analyzing data patterns and trends.|
|Custom alert actions||Implement a custom response to alerts.|
| Modular inputs
|Index data from unique sources or in non-standard formats.|
Splunk Web customization
Modify login page and other components.
See the following resources for additional information.
|To learn about||See|
Advanced XML Deprecation
As of Splunk Enterprise 6.3, the Advanced XML feature of the Splunk Web Framework is officially deprecated.
What deprecation means
There will no longer be any feature enhancements to the Advanced XML framework.
Support during deprecation
- Any apps or dashboards using Advanced XML will continue to work.
- Advanced XML will continue to be supported. Bugs will be fixed and support cases will be handled.
New app development and app migration
- Because there will be no further investment in the Advanced XML framework, any future development should be done using other features of the Splunk Web Framework (Simple XML, Simple XML jS/CSS extensions, HTML).
- For existing apps or dashboards that use Advanced XML, while not necessary, we request that developers begin the migration process away from Advanced XML. We encourage developers to provide feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any issues with migration.
- For information about building dashboards and other visualizations using Simple XML, see Editing Simple XML in Dashboards and Visualizations.
Notice of removal
A date has not yet been identified for removing Advanced XML from Splunk Enterprise. Notice of Advanced XML removal will be provided at least one release in advance of the removal.
Custom visualizations overview
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.5.0, 6.5.1, 6.5.1612 (Splunk Cloud only), 6.5.2, 6.5.3, 6.5.4, 6.5.5, 6.5.6, 6.5.7, 6.5.8, 6.5.9, 6.6.0, 6.6.1, 6.6.2, 6.6.3, 6.6.4, 6.6.5, 6.6.6, 6.6.7, 6.6.8, 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4, 7.0.5, 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2