How to earn karma
How to earn karma
You gain or lose karma by posting and voting on Splunkbase. The following are the current karma rules:
- if someone upvotes an answer, question, or app review you posted, you gain 10 points for each vote, up to 200/day.
- if someone downvotes an answer, question, or app review you posted, you lose 2 points.
- if you downvote someone's question, answer, app posting, or app review, you lose/spend 1 point to do so.
- if one of your answers is accepted by the asker, you gain 20 points.
- if you accept an answer someone posted to your question, you gain 10 points.
- if you upload an app, you get 100 points.
- if someone upvotes your app (not a review of it, but the app itself), you get 25 points.
- if someone downvotes your app, you lose 5 points.
When you first register on Splunkbase and confirm your email address, you start with 10 karma points, which is enough to post a question or answer, upvote (or downvote), and comment. As you upvote, post, and comment, you gain karma as described in the previous section. Keep in mind that some activites deplete your karma (for example, downvoting)! If you go below 3 karma, you won't be able to upvote or post a question or comment.
|upvote a question, answer, or comment||3|
|post a question, answer, or comment||10|
|upload a file||60|
|create a new tag||100|
|close your own question||250|
|retag someone else's question||500|
|edit someone else's post||1000|
|delete someone else's comment||2000|
|convert someone else's answer to a comment, or vice-versa||2000|
|close someone else's question||3000|
Accidentally gave away all your karma, or have other karma-related questions? Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunkbase: current