Set conditions to show or hide panels and notes in Splunk AR
With the Splunk App for AR version 1.4.1 or higher and Splunk AR version 3.4.1 or higher, you can set conditions to show or hide specific panels and notes in Splunk AR. This workspaces that use this feature are called smart workspaces.
Smart workspaces support single value and gauge visualization panels.
- Install the Splunk App for AR on your Splunk platform search head.
- You have the appropriate AR workspace permissions. You must have the workspace_edit role to configure a smart workspace.
- Create a workspace and associate it with an asset. See Associate objects with dashboards in the Splunk App for AR or Associate logos or text with dashboards in the Splunk App for AR with object detection. You can also create a workspace in the Workspaces tab and associate it with an existing asset.
Create a smart workspace
Here's how to create a smart workspace in the Splunk App for AR:
- Navigate to the Workspaces tab in the Splunk App for AR.
- Click the edit icon next to the workspace that you want to set conditions for.
- Click the Smart Workspace toggle.
- Click the + icon next to Triggers to create a trigger.
- Set the trigger condition.
- For the If field, select a panel name.
- For the Displays field, select a value type, comparison function, and set the value.
- Set the trigger action.
- For the Then Field, select an action and panel, media, or note.
- For the For field, enter the time value and unit.
- Click the Active toggle to enable this trigger in the smart workspace.
- Click Update trigger.
You can set multiple trigger actions by clicking the + icon next to Actions. When a Splunk AR user is viewing a workspace and the set conditions are met, the actions that you set will occur.
Save Splunk AR workspace orientation with NFC tags
View usage metrics in the Splunk App for AR
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for Edge Hub and Augmented Reality: 1.4.1, 2.0.0, 2.0.2, 2.1.0, 3.0.0, 3.0.1, 4.0.0, 4.0.1, 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.2.1, 4.2.2, 4.3.0, 4.3.1, 4.4.0