Configure an Active Directory Application in Azure AD for the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services
To gather data from the Windows Azure Service Management APIs, you must first create an active directory application in Azure AD.
Follow the instructions in the Microsoft documentation to create an active directory application: Use portal to create an Azure Active Directory application and service principal that can access resources for either your Azure portal or Azure Government portal.
When prompted, select or enter the following parameters:
- Client ID: Required for Azure App account.
- Copy this value. You need this value and a valid secret key to connect to your account from the add-on.
- Key: Required for Azure App account.
- Copy this value to a secure location as soon as the Azure AD admin console displays it.
- Tenant ID: Required for Azure App account.
- Copy this value for the future use.
Application permissions to access Windows Azure Service Management APIs
Select Access Azure Service Management as organization under Delegated Permissions.
Grant the Active Directory Application Read Access
- Navigate to Home > Subscriptions.
- Select the active subscription that you want to use from the Subscription Name column.
- Select Access control (IAM)
- Click Role assignments
- Click the Add role assignment button.
- In the Add role assignment menu, perform the following steps:
- Select Reader from the Role dropdown menu.
- Select User, group, or service principal from the Assign access to dropdown menu, if it has not already been selected.
- Select your Active Directory Application from the Select menu.
- Save your changes.
You must have a Premium P1 Active Directory level edition or higher to perform this operation. See Use portal to create an Azure Active Directory application and service principal that can access resources for more information.
Upgrade the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services
Configure a Storage Account in Microsoft Cloud Services
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released