Send Splunk alerts to New Relic Insights
The Splunk Add-on for New Relic allows Splunk administrators or users with the
list_storage_passwords capability to configure alerts and send them to New Relic Insights. In a distributed environment, configure alerts on your search heads.
For example, to send alert details for an app that you are monitoring:
- Create a search to count the number of errors or the percentage of cache hits for the app.
- Above the search bar, click Save As > Alert.
- In the Trigger Conditions section, set a threshold for the number of results that should trigger an alert.
- In the Trigger Actions section, click Add Actions, then select Send to New Relic.
- Configure the New Relic Insights parameters.
Parameter Description New Relic Account Number The New Relic Insights account to which to send the alert. New Relic Insights API Key Your Insights API key, required to perform the Insights Query API operations. Insights Event Type The event type, or table, in which New Relic Insights stores the alert.
- Click Save.
When the search returns a result over the threshold you set, the alert action sends the details to New Relic Insights.
For more information about configuring alerts in the Splunk platform:
Troubleshoot the Splunk Add-on for New Relic
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released