Set up the Splunk Add-on for New Relic
If you are using a proxy or want to change the default logging level (INFO), follow the steps in this section to set up the add-on; otherwise, skip this section.
You can configure the add-on either through the Splunk Web or by making changes directly in the configuration files.
- On the Splunk Web home screen, click the Splunk Add-on for New Relic icon on the Apps sidebar to launch the add-on.
- In the add-on, click the Configuration menu.
- If you are using a proxy, configure proxy settings under the Proxy tab. Configure the data collection logging level under the Logging tab.
Configure a proxy connection
- Check Enable Proxy and fill in the required fields.
- Select the type of proxy to use in the Proxy Type field.
- Provide the proxy server address in the Host field.
- Provide the proxy server port in the Port field. For example: 8081.
- Provide a proxy username if you have one in the Username field.
- If you provided a proxy username, type the proxy password in the Password field. The Splunk platform encrypts the proxy username and password as soon as you enter these values.
- Check the Reverse DNS resolution box if you want to perform DNS resolution through your proxy.
- Click Save.
If, at any time, you want to disable your proxy but save your configuration, uncheck the Enable box. The add-on stores your proxy configuration so you can easily enable it again later.
To delete your proxy configuration, delete the values in the fields.
Set the logging level
The data collection logging level defaults to INFO. Optionally, set the logging level under the Logging tab. You get increasingly more verbose logging in the following order: ERROR, WARN, INFO, DEBUG.
Install the Splunk Add-on for New Relic
Configure inputs for the Splunk Add-on for New Relic
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released