Use the Splunk Add-on Builder
The Splunk Add-on Builder home page displays:
- projects for add-ons created using the Splunk Add-on Builder
- apps and add-ons that are already installed on your instance of Splunk Enterprise.
Add-on Builder project and meta data is editable and you can export projects to use on other instances of Add-on Buiilder.
Work with other apps and add-ons
You can work with apps and add-ons that are already installed on your instance of Splunk Enterprise, including apps and add-on that are not created using the Add-on Builder.
- Validate & Package:
- Validate the app or add-on against best practices and other rules and determine whether your app is ready for Splunk App Certification.
- Download a package file for the app or add-on.
- Manage Source Type: Create or import a source type and add sample data for the app or add-on.
- Extract Fields: Parse the data in your source types to create field extractions for the app or add-on.
- Map to Data Model: Map fields from the app or add-on to the data models.
- Create Alert Actions: Create and configure Alert actions for the app or add-on.
If an existing app or add-on has configuration files in the app's /default directory, Add-on Builder prompts you to let Add-on Builder move these configuration files to the app's /local directory and merge them with any existing configuration files. Typically these configuration files include
tags.conf, which are used for data model mapping.
Use Add-on Builder to work with other apps and add-ons
- On the Splunk Add-on Builder home page, click the Other apps and add-ons tab.
- On the app or add-on, click the link for the activity you want: Validate & Package, Manage Source Type, Manage Source Type, Extract Fields, Map to Data Model or Create Alert Actions.
Design your add-on
Import and export an add-on project
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Add-on Builder: 2.2.0, 3.0.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2