Executive sponsor for the Splunk CoE
An executive sponsor helps you gain forward momentum and grants you access to the resources you need for growth. Without executive sponsorship, you may be confronted with resource limitations and potential roadblocks when trying to scale.
Benefits of executive sponsorship
- Political endorsement
- The executive sponsor provides guidance and support, brokers the CoE's benefits to partner organizations, and owns the CoE's return on investment.
- Improved resources and investments
- The executive sponsor budgets the resources you need for success, including people, hardware, and licensing.
- Efficient use of time
- The executive sponsor ensures time to focus on Splunk. The executive sponsor treats essential Splunk activities as a priority (such as support), and regards Splunk's CoE as a first-class offering within the organization.
- Alignment with organization-wide vision and priorities
- The executive sponsor ensures that the CoE is aligned with larger business or organization-wide priorities.
The following reference materials provide more information on the role of the executive sponsor, and why executive sponsorship has become standard protocol across several industries.
Charter for the Splunk CoE
Metrics for the Splunk CoE
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Center of Excellence: current