In addition to Splunk Answers, chat, and user groups, there are other resources that you can take advantage of.
Splunk Community portal
The Splunk Community portal contains all the information you will need to connect with the Splunk Community.
From the Splunk education site you can access Getting Started Videos, courses that are focused on specific types of Splunk users, and information about Splunk certification tracks.
The Splunk Community plays an integral role in the quality of the Splunk documentation. The documentation team receives more than 250 feedback emails from Splunk users every month. This feedback consists of questions, requests for clarifications or corrections, suggestions, and examples.
Because the Splunk Community takes the time to send the documentation team feedback, the documentation team is committed to responding to the feedback as quickly as possible. The feedback provided by the Splunk Community leads to improvements in the documentation. These improvements benefit both the person who initiated the feedback as well as every other user of the documentation.
The documentation team has also produced these quick reference guides:
Splunk RSS feeds
To keep up with the latest changes, follow these RSS feeds.
- New Splunk Answers questions: https://answers.splunk.com/feed/questions.rss
- Splunk Security Portal: http://www.splunk.com/page/securityportal/rss
- Splunk Code releases: http://www.splunk.com/page/release_rss
Use the Splexicon to learn about unique Splunk terminology. Each Splexicon entry includes a description of the term and links to related information in the documentation.
Splunk Apps and Add-ons
The splunk>dev site contains resources for any developers who are interested in building Splunk apps and add-ons.
The Splunk Shop is your one-stop shop to purchase all your Splunk branded and approved memorabilia, giveaways, and of course, the infamous Splunk t-shirts!
You can subscribe to posts on Splunk Blogs either by subscribing to specific categories of blog posts or by subscribing to all of the categories.
Sites run by Splunk Community members
These sites are not developed or maintained by Splunk, but are run by passionate members of the Splunk community.
- GoSplunk is a repository of searches contributed by members of the community for anyone to adapt to their Splunk environments.
- The Splunk Gallery is a community supported collection of Splunk artifacts, media, and stories throughout the years.
- The Splunk Reactions Tumblr is a lighthearted look at the world of Splunk and the community that never takes itself too seriously while having a laugh, or maybe a cry – accompanied, of course, by GIFs.
Conferences and events
This documentation applies to the following versions of Get Started with Splunk Community: 1.0