Install the Splunk Dashboards app (Beta)
The Splunk Dashboards app supports single instances as well as distributed environments. To install the app in distributed environments, see Use the deployer to distribute apps and configuration updates in the Splunk Enterprise Distributed Search manual.
Make sure to meet the following prerequisites before installing the app:
- You must be running Splunk Enterprise versions 7.3 and 8.0 or later or Splunk Cloud Platform versions 7.3 and later.
- The KV store must be running for objects like icons and images to render. To learn more about the KV store, see About the app key value store in the Splunk Enterprise Admin Manual.
Internet Explorer is not supported by the Splunk Dashboards app.
Steps to install the app on Enterprise using Splunkbase
- Download Splunk Dashboards app (Beta) from Splunkbase.
- Log into your Splunk platform instance.
- In the apps panel, click the gear icon.
- Click Install app from file.
- Select the Splunk Dashboards app file.
- Confirm that you want to restart the Splunk platform instance to complete the installation, if needed. The installation does not require restart, however.
Steps to install the Splunk Dashboards app from within Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud Platform
- From the Splunk home screen, click +Find More Apps at the bottom of your list of apps. You can also find this option at the bottom of the dropdown Apps menu at the top of the page.
- In the search window, search for Splunk Dashboards app. If the correct app doesn't appear in the results, omit the "s" in Dashboards and search for Splunk Dashboard app.
- Click Install.
- Enter your credentials.
- Select the checkbox accepting the license terms and conditions.
- Click Login and Install.
- Click Done when the installation completes.
The installation does not require a restart. You can now open the app directly from the tile on the page, or from your list of applications.
To begin creating dashboards with the new framework, see "Create a dashboard" in Build, edit, and convert existing and new dashboards in the Splunk Dashboards app.
You can also convert some existing dashboards from the Search & Reporting app to the new framework. For more information, see For more information, see "Create a dashboard" in Build, edit, and convert existing and new dashboards in the Splunk Dashboards app.
Share data with Splunk and the Splunk Dashboards app
About the Splunk dashboard editors
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Dashboards App: 0.8.0, 0.9.0