How to forward data to Splunk Cloud Platform
To forward data to your Splunk Cloud Platform instance, you perform the following procedures:
- Download and install the universal forwarder software.
- Download the Splunk universal forwarder credentials package.
- Install the Splunk universal forwarder credentials package on the universal forwarder machine. See Install and configure the Splunk Cloud Platform universal forwarder credentials package.
- To manage forwarders using Splunk Web, configure the universal forwarder to act as a deployment client.
- Configure inputs to collect data from the host that the universal forwarder is on. For an overview, see Configure the universal forwarder. For detailed examples of using the CLI to add inputs, see the individual data topics in Getting Data In.
For details on installing Splunk Cloud Platform, see the platform-specific installation instructions in the Splunk Cloud Platform Admin Manual for the type of data you want to forward.
Consolidate data from multiple hosts
Advanced configurations for the universal forwarder
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Universal Forwarder: 220.127.116.11, 8.2.4, 8.2.5, 8.2.6, 9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2