Before you deploy Splunk Hadoop Connect, verify that your environment meets the following system requirements.
Splunk Hadoop Connect runs on any *nix platform on which both the Splunk platform and Hadoop File System Command-Line Interface (Hadoop CLI) run.
Note: Splunk Hadoop Connect does not support installation on the Windows platform.
For information about supported operating systems for the Splunk platform, see "Supported Operating Systems" in the Installation Manual. For information about supported operating systems for Hadoop CLI, see the documentation for your Hadoop distribution and version.
Splunk Enterprise version
You can run Splunk Hadoop Connect on Splunk Enterprise versions 5.0 through 6.4.
For Hadoop-related functionality on Splunk Enterprise 6.5 or later, use Splunk Analytics for Hadoop.
Splunk Hadoop Connect has been tested on the following Hadoop distributions and versions:
- Apache Hadoop
- 2.0.5-alpha (with Namenode HA turned on)
- Cloudera Distribution Including Apache Hadoop
- Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 1.0
- Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 1.1
- Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 1.3.1
Local export has been tested against mount points running MapR MapR-FS 220.127.116.1177.GA
Other versions and mount points might work, but have not been verified.
Splunk Hadoop Connect requires that you install the following additional software packages on the Splunk instance on which the app runs:
- Hadoop client utilities (Hadoop CLI).
- Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) v1.6u31 or higher (Required for Hadoop CLI).
- Kerberos client utilities (to connect to clusters that require Kerberos authentication).
Make sure that you run the correct Hadoop client utilities for your Hadoop distribution and version.
How Splunk Hadoop Connect fits into your Splunk deployment
Download and install Splunk Hadoop Connect
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Hadoop Connect: 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, 1.2.5