Configure your HDFS source
1. In the Home page, click Explore Data.
2. Select a Provider and Virtual Index. The list of available indexes are based on the provider you select in the Provider drop down.
3. Click Next.
4. In the list of directories and source files, select the item you want to explore. You can drill down to the file level of available directories.
5. If you are done exploring your selected source and do not wish to view or modify the source configuration, you can close the window now, or click the back arrow to explore a different file. To view and modify the source configuration, click Next.
6. In the "Preview data" page you can view and modify your file settings for event processing to make sure that your data is processed correctly.
- View summary information: Click "View Event Summary" on the left-hand side of the page to see:
- The size of the sample data, in bytes.
- The number of events.
- The chart that represents the distribution of the events over time.
- A breakdown of the number of lines each event.
- Adjust time stamps and event breaks: Edit timestamps and event breaks, save the edits as a new source type and apply it to the data. See "Assign the right source type to your data" in the Getting Data In manual for information about sourcetypes.
Note: CSV and Avro data in Hunk is parsed as JSON. If you have problems viewing your data, try changing sourcetype to JSON.
- Add advanced settings: Add new attributes to your source data. For more information about adding attributes, see Provider configuration variables for more information about these attributes.
7. Click Next to save any changes.
8. In the "Enter Context Settings" page, assign App Context and App Sharing to your source. This determines the apps and users that will use the configuration settings for that file.
9. Click Next.
10. Review your configuration information in the Review Settings page. You can also optionally change the source file. For example, you can add wildcards to widen the source searched or restrict it further. Optionally use the Source File Clipboard window to copy your source configuration to other files in your directories.
10. Click "Finish". You can now search your configured source or explore another source file.
Explore and configure Hadoop source files in the HDFS Explorer
How distributable and non-distributable commands work in Hunk (and what works best)
This documentation applies to the following versions of Hunk®(Legacy): 6.2, 6.2.1, 6.2.2, 6.2.3, 6.2.4, 6.2.5, 6.2.6, 6.2.7, 6.2.8, 6.2.9, 6.2.10, 6.2.11, 6.2.12, 6.2.13, 6.3.0, 6.3.1, 6.3.2, 6.3.3, 6.3.4, 6.3.5, 6.3.6, 6.3.7, 6.3.8, 6.3.9, 6.3.10, 6.3.11, 6.3.12, 6.3.13, 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.4.5, 6.4.6, 6.4.7, 6.4.8, 6.4.9, 6.4.10, 6.4.11