Restrict access to objects in ITSI
ITSI lets you set read/write permissions for the following types of ITSI objects:
- Service analyzers
- Glass tables
- Deep dives
- Correlation searches
- Multi-KPI alerts
- Notable event aggregation policies
These permissions determine which user roles have read or write access to specific objects that have been created, such as a shared service analyzer view, a shared glass table, or a correlation search.
These permissions apply to shared objects (as opposed to private ones). Private objects can be created by a user for use only by that user. To set permissions to a private service analyzer, glass table, or deep dive, clone and save the object with Shared in App permissions. The other object types (correlation searches, multi-KPI alerts, and notable event aggregation policies) are shared by default.
- To set permissions for ITSI roles, your role must be assigned the configure_perms capability. By default, the itoa_admin and itoa_team_admin roles have the configure_perms capability.
- Before you can set permissions to ITSI objects for a role, the role must have the proper capabilities assigned. For more information, see ITSI role capabilities in this manual.
- On the lister page for the object type (service analyzer, glass table, deep dive, correlation search, or notable event aggregation policy), click Edit under the Actions column for the object and select Edit Permissions.
- Assign read/write permissions to ITSI roles for the object.
- Click Save.
KV store collection permissions in ITSI
Overview of service-level permissions in ITSI
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Service Intelligence: 4.0.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.0.4