Backfill service health scores in ITSI
Backfill service health scores to fill the summary index (itsi_summary) with calculated historical service health scores. Backfill uses past KPI data (including dependent KPIs) to calculate service health scores for a given time period and populate the summary index. In other words, even though the summary index only started collecting service health score data at the start of this week when the service was created, if necessary you can use the backfill option to fill the summary index with data from the past month.
- You must have the
itoa_team_adminrole, or write access to the service, in order to backfill service health scores.
- To ensure that the health score is backfilled correctly, make sure that all KPIs within the service and all dependent KPIs are already backfilled (or have indexed raw data) for at least the amount of time you plan to backfill the service health score.
- Click Configure > Services.
- Open the service whose health score you want to backfill.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Under Service Health Score, toggle Backfill.
- Use the dropdown to select the number of days of data to backfill. You can choose a predefined time range, like
last 7 days, or select a custom date prior to the current date. If you choose a specific date, the dropdown dynamically updates with the number of days you're backfilling to.
- Click Save to begin the backfill process. A message appears when backfill is completed.
The backfill period is the time range of data that is available after backfill is complete. For example, if you select
last 60 days, ITSI fills the summary index with data from the past 60 days. In other words, you now have 60 days of service health score data available.
Add service dependencies in ITSI
Configure a service created from a service template in ITSI
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Service Intelligence: 4.1.0, 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.5, 4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.2.2, 4.2.3, 4.3.0, 4.3.1