New features in Splunk IT Service Intelligence
Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) version 4.3.0 was released on July 17, 2019. It has the following new and changed features.
- Ability to bulk add a comment to multiple episodes.
- Ability to create multiple incidents in bulk for multiple episodes. See Create ServiceNow tickets for multiple episodes in the Use Splunk IT Service Intelligence manual.
- Ability to link multiple episodes to one external ticket.
Notable Event Actions SDK updates
custom_event_action_base.pymodule was renamed to
custom_group_action_base.pyto account for the immutability of individual notable events in post-4.0.0 ITSI versions.
CustomEventActionBaseclass has been renamed to
- The following methods were renamed in the
- A new
grouping.pymodule was added to work on episodes (groups of notable events). The
EventGroupclass was moved to this new module along with some methods of the
Eventclass to the
For more information, see Use the Notable Event Actions SDK.
- ITSI now saves the last seven days of default scheduled backups rather than just one day. You can configure the number of days of backups that ITSI stores. See Default scheduled backup in the Administer Splunk IT Service Intelligence manual.
- When downloading or restoring the default scheduled backup, you can select which day of the backup you want to download/restore.
Integration with the Splunk App for Infrastructure
- When you integrate entities from SAI with ITSI, the entities now merge on title instead of key to prevent entity duplication. See How entities are merged in the Integrate the Splunk App for Infrastructure with ITSI manual.
- When viewing SAI entities in a deep dive, you can drill down to the Entity Overview in SAI. See Investigate service issues in a deep dive.
- When viewing the entity health page of an SAI entity, you can drill down to the Entity Overview in SAI.
Beta glass table editor
- Version 4.3.0 offers updates and improvements to the beta glass table editor. For a list of fixes, see Fixed issues in Splunk IT Service Intelligence.
- The following new features were added to the beta glass table editor:
- Beta glass tables now support inputs which let you perform actions on the canvas and on visualizations. See Inputs in the Use IT Service Intelligence manual.
- KPI widgets update their threshold status automatically if you change the thresholds in the service definition.
- You can add some visualization types through the UI. See Add a chart or table visualization.
The Event Analytics Monitoring dashboard was added to provide basic statistics for troubleshooting event analytics.
What's new in the docs
|Back up and restore ITSI KV store data||Expanded information about the default scheduled backup, as well as instructions to edit the default scheduled backup.|
|Set up a recurring import of entities in ITSI||Added instructions to set up a recurring entity import in a search head cluster environment.|
|Install IT Service Intelligence in a search head cluster environment||Expanded instructions on installing ITSI in a search head cluster environment. Includes a diagram of what the search head cluster looks like and a table explaining where to install ITSI and other dependencies.|
Fixed issues in Splunk IT Service Intelligence
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Service Intelligence: 4.3.0