Define a single entity in ITSI
Create single entities one at a time in the UI.
You must have the itoa_admin role, or your role must have write access to the Global team, in order to create entities.
- Click Configure > Entities.
- Select Create Entity > Create Single Entity.
- Configure the following fields to define your new entity:
Field Description Name The name of your new entity. Description (Optional) Enter a brief description of the entity. Team All entities are created in the Global team. This cannot be changed. Aliases Enter field-value pairs that identify the entity. For example:
Info Fields Add field-value pairs that associate specific attributes with the entity. For example:
The following characters are not supported in fields for field-value pairs: commas (,) single quotes ('), double quotes ("), $ (as first character in field name), period (.), equal sign (=), and spaces( ).
- Click Create. Your new entity appears in the Entities lister page.
- (Optional) Click View Health to view detailed entity information, including the health status of associated services and KPIs.
Overview of entities in ITSI
Auto-detect entities using ITSI modules
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Service Intelligence: 4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.2.2, 4.2.3, 4.3.0, 4.3.1, 4.4.0