Upgrade IT Service Intelligence in a search head cluster environment
After you deploy the new ITSI version to cluster members, you must also upgrade your indexers and ITSI license components.
- Unzip and run the following script on the search head: Check_kpi_entity_configs.zip. The script outputs a list of entities that might break as a result of the strict entity association change described in Removed features in IT Service Intelligence.
- Make sure no service templates are syncing. Check the sync status of service templates by clicking Configure > Service Templates from the ITSI main menu.
- Perform a full backup of the search head. For information, see Back up and restore ITSI KV store data. To back out of the upgrade, you must restore the prior version of Splunk IT Service Intelligence from a backup.
- If you've made any changes to the
itsi_rules_engine.propertiesfile, make a copy of it before upgrading. Upgrading overwrites any changes you made. After the upgrade is complete, you must re-implement any changes you made to the file.
- Make sure the Splunk admin role inherits from the itoa_admin role. The default settings for admin role inheritance for ITSI are contained in authorize.conf. Problems can occur when these settings have been modified in a local version of the file.
- Review the compatible versions of the Splunk platform. See Splunk Enterprise system requirement.
- Review the hardware requirements to make sure that your server hardware supports ITSI. See Planning your hardware requirements.
- Review known issues with the latest release of IT Service Intelligence. See Known issues in Splunk IT Service Intelligence in the Release Notes.
- Review removed features in the latest release of IT Service Intelligence. See Removed features in the Release Notes.
- Check KV store size limits. The limit of a single batch save to a KV store collection is 50 MB. Check the total amount of data that your services contain, and, if necessary, increase the KV store size limit in limits.conf.
Step 1. Deploy the new version to the cluster members
Use the deployer to distribute the new version of ITSI to search head cluster members, the same way you initially deployed ITSI on the search head cluster. A migration script runs on the captain after upgrading. The upgrade then propagates to all other cluster members.
- Log in to splunk.com with your Splunk.com ID.
- Download the latest Splunk IT Service Intelligence product.
- Untar the ITSI installation package into
$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/shcluster/apps/. For example:
tar -xvf splunk-it-service-intelligence_<latest_version>.spl -C $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/shcluster/apps/
On Windows, rename the file extension from .spl to .tgz first and use a third-party utility like 7-Zip to perform the extraction.
- Run the
splunk apply shcluster-bundlecommand on the deployer:
splunk apply shcluster-bundle -target <URI>:<management_port> -auth <username>:<password>
- Restart Splunk. For example:
cd $SPLUNK_HOME/bin ./splunk restart
When you restart Splunk Enterprise after installing the new files, a migration script runs to migrate existing ITSI knowledge objects to the new version. To check migration related logs, run the following Splunk search:
index="_internal" source= "*itsi_upgrade.log*"
For more information, see Use the deployer to distribute apps and configuration updates.
Step 2. Upgrade indexers
For non-clustered distributed environments, copy the
$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps on each indexer in your deployment.
If you have an indexer cluster, use the configuration bundle method to replicate
SA-IndexCreation across all peer nodes. On the master node, place a copy of
$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/master-apps/. For information about updating peers in an indexer cluster, and for CLI instructions, see Manage app deployment across all peers in the Splunk Enterprise Managing Indexers and Clusters of Indexers manual.
Step 3. Upgrade ITSI license components
When you upgrade Splunk IT Service Intelligence, you must also upgrade
SA-UserAccess on any license master in a distributed or search head cluster environment.
If one of the search heads in your environment is also a license master, the license master components are upgraded when you upgrade ITSI on the search heads.
Upgrade IT Service Intelligence on a single instance
Troubleshoot an upgrade of IT Service Intelligence
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Service Intelligence: 4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.2.2, 4.2.3, 4.3.0, 4.3.1