About the ITSI Load Balancer module
The ITSI Load Balancer (LB) module is a prepackaged module of KPIs, performance metrics, and visualizations that is used to analyze network performance. It works with your network load balancers/application delivery controllers (ADC) to monitor network health and helps you triage performance problems inside your local networks.
The Load Balancer module improves the Splunk IT Service Intelligence app (ITSI) by:
- Improving reaction time to performance issues at the load balancer and application delivery controller level.
- Automatically discovering, creating, and merging load balancer entities that the service uses.
- Identifying malicious attacks from internal and external perpetrators.
- Supplying a set of KPIs, performance metrics and visualizations with recommended and configurable thresholds that can monitor network performance and overall system health.
- Providing a pre-structured data model that delivers a comprehensive and proactive network health monitoring environment.
The Load Balancer module comes with ITSI and needs no configuration itself, but requires specific data to be indexed before it can function.
Module deployment requirements
The Load Balancer module has the following prerequisites:
- All of the ITSI deployment requirements. For more information, see ITSI deployment planning in the Install and Upgrade Splunk IT Service Intelligence manual.
- Installation of the Splunk Add-on for F5 Big-IP or the Splunk Add-on for Citrix Netscaler.
|Add-on Name||Add-on Version||Supported Vendor Product||Supported Vendor Product Version|
|Splunk Add-on for F5 Big-IP||2.6.0 or later||F5 Big-IP||10.1.0 or later of Local Traffic Manager (LTM), Global Traffic Manager (GTM), Access Policy Manager (APM), and Application Security Manager (ASM)|
|Splunk Add-on for Citrix Netscaler||6.2.0 or later||Citrix Netscaler||Citrix NetScaler version 10.x and above|
End User Experience Monitoring Module troubleshooting
Load Balancer Module configurations
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Service Intelligence: 4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.2.2, 4.2.3, 4.3.0, 4.3.1, 4.4.0, 4.4.1, 4.4.2, 4.4.3