Create a single service in ITSI
When you create a service, you have three options for populating the service:
- Manually add the KPIs and entity rules.
- Link the service to a service template to populate the KPIs and entity rules from the service template. See Create a service template in ITSI for information about service templates.
- Select prebuilt KPIs from ITSI modules to populate KPIs and entity rules.
By default, users assigned the itoa_admin role or a role that inherits from the itoa_team_admin role can create a new service. You can only create a service in a team for which you have read and write permissions.
- Click Configure > Services.
- Click New Service > New Service.
If your role does not have write access to any teams, you will not see the New Service option.
- Provide a title and description for the service.
- Select the team to associate the service with. This service will only be visible for roles that are assigned read permission to this team. If no private teams have been created for your organization, the only team available will be Global and this is where you will create all services.
- Select one of the following options:
Option Description Manually add service content Manually add entities, KPIs, and other information for this service. Link service to a service template Populate the service with the entity rules and KPIs from a service template. Add prebuilt KPIs from modules Populate the service with the entity rules and pre-built KPIs from ITSI modules.
- If you selected Link service to a service template, do the following:
- Select the template to link the service to.
- Review the entity rules and KPIs in the template. These will be added to the new service.
- (Optional) Select Enable 7 days of backfill for all Service KPIs if you need to populate the summary index with data in order to use adaptive thresholding or anomaly detection with any of your KPIs. This setting applies to all the KPIs in the service. Individual KPIs cannot be selected for backfill. Note that you cannot enable backfill for a KPI that came from the template in the service later on as this action will unlink the service from the template.
- If you selected Add pre-built KPIs from modules, do the following:
- Select any number of ITSI modules from the list. Before using pre-built KPIs, you must configure the specific ITSI module. See About ITSI modules in the ITSI Modules manual.)
- Select the KPIs to add to the service. Recommended KPIs are pre-selected. Each KPI template populates the new service with specific entity rules and selected KPIs.
- Click Create.
After creating the service, see Overview of configuring services in ITSI to decide how to configure the newly created service.
Overview of services in ITSI
Bulk import services in ITSI
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Service Intelligence: 4.0.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.0.4, 4.1.0, 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.5, 4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.2.2, 4.2.3, 4.3.0, 4.3.1, 4.4.0, 4.4.1, 4.4.2, 4.4.3