Add a predictive model to a glass table in ITSI
You can add predictive models to glass tables as ad hoc search visualizations. This lets you actively monitor service health and troubleshoot imminent issues before they impact your services.
Ad hoc searches are not optimized because each visualization runs its own individual search. Thus, the loading time for your glass table visualization is proportional to the number of predictive model visualizations you add.
- You must have a trained model saved into the service definition. For more information, see Train a predictive model in ITSI.
- Select Configuration > Services, and select a service. Make sure you're on the Predictive Analytics tab within the service.
- Within the service, click on the Predictive Analytics tab and select the model under Test a Model.
- Click the magnifying glass in the Predicted Average Case Service Health Score or Predicted Worst Case Service Health Score panel to open the predictions in the Search app.
The search is the same whether you select average or worst case.
- Copy the search string.
- Open your glass table in Edit mode.
- Select the data icon and click Create Ad hoc search.
- Paste the search string into the
Search with SPLbox. Click Run & Save.
- Select the ad hoc search you created to add it to the glass table.
- By default, the global time range picker sets the time range for all visualizations. Alternatively, you can add additional inputs to set custom time ranges on a per-visualization basis. See Set different time ranges for visualizations.
- After adding the ad-hoc visualization, click Source to access the source editor. Update the
encoding, and update the
primaryinput to your desired threshold setting. Type
primary.next30m_avg_hsto display the average prediction, or
primary.next30m_worst_hsto display the worst case prediction.
- (Optional) Add a drilldown to the Predictive Analytics dashboard:
- Select the visualization.
- In the Configuration panel, select Add Drilldown.
- For On Click, choose the Link to custom URL option.
- In a separate ITSI window, navigate to Dashboards > Predictive Analytics.
- Select the service and corresponding model to display the health score prediction.
- Copy the URL and paste it into the
URLfield in the Configuration panel.
- Edit the URL from
auto_load=trueto automatically load all of the dashboard panels.
- Select a visualization type in the Configuration panel. You cannot use the sparkline or trending value visualization types because the prediction is a static value.
- Click Save.
For more information about ad hoc search visualizations, see Add an ad hoc search visualization.
Create an alert for potential service degradation in ITSI
Retrain a predictive model in ITSI
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Service Intelligence: 4.7.0, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.7.3, 4.7.4, 4.8.0 Cloud only, 4.8.1 Cloud only