Configure metric lanes in a deep dive in ITSI
Metric lanes in IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) deep dives display search results for a user-defined data model or ad hoc search. When you add a new metric lane to the deep dive, you configure a new data model or ad hoc search.
- You must have the write_itsi_deep_dive capability to add a swim lane to a deep dive. By default, the itoa_admin, itoa_team_admin, and itoa_analyst roles are assigned this capability.
- Read and write access to services and KPIs is controlled by team permissions. When adding a new swim lane, you can only select from services to which you have read access. You cannot perform bulk actions on lanes for which you do not have read access.
- In the deep dive, select Add Lane > Add Metric Lane.
- Configure your new metric lane.
Field Description Title The title for your new metric lane. Subtitle (optional) Additional info about your search, service, and so on. Graph Type Line, Area, or Column. Graph Color The color for your metric lane graph. Lane Size Small, Medium, or Large. Search Type Ad hoc: Type your custom search string in the Search field. Data Model: Select a data model and an aggregation operation. Add a Where clause that maps the data model search field to entity alias values (optional). For example,
- Click Create Lane. Your new metric lane appears in the deep dive.
- Select the Primary Time Range for your metric lane. The selected primary time range applies to all lanes in the deep dive.
Overview of deep dives in ITSI
Configure KPI lanes in a deep dive in ITSI
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Service Intelligence: 4.5.0 Cloud only, 4.5.1 Cloud only, 4.6.0 Cloud only, 4.6.1 Cloud only, 4.6.2 Cloud only, 4.7.0, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.7.3, 4.7.4
Feedback submitted, thanks!