About the default aggregation policy in ITSI
The default aggregation policy in IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) groups notable events that don't match the filtering criteria of any other policies you create. If you don't want to create your own aggregation policies, use the default policy to group events. You can't delete or disable the default policy. For more information about aggregation policies in ITSI, see Overview of aggregation policies in ITSI.
Only a user assigned the
itoa_admin role, or a role that inherits from
itoa_admin, can modify the default aggregation policy.
The default aggregation policy has the following characteristics:
- Doesn't include any filtering criteria. The default policy catches events not captured by the filtering criteria of any other aggregation policies, so you can't add any.
- Splits events into multiple episodes by the
sourcefield. You can change the field that is used to split events, specify more than one field by which to split events, or choose to not split events by not specifying a field name.
- The episode breaks if the flow of events is paused for 7200 seconds (2 hours). You can change the length of time or modify the breaking criteria.
- Episode information such as Episode Title, Episode Description, and Episode Severity are set to be the same as the first event in the episode.
- No action rules are defined.
To view or modify the default aggregation policy, click Configuration > Notable Event Aggregation Policies > Default Policy.
The default policy doesn't have Smart Mode enabled by default. For information about Smart Mode, see Group similar events with Smart Mode in ITSI.
Overview of aggregation policies in ITSI
Configure episode filtering and breaking criteria in ITSI
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Service Intelligence: 4.5.0 Cloud only, 4.5.1 Cloud only, 4.6.0 Cloud only, 4.6.1 Cloud only, 4.6.2 Cloud only, 4.7.0, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.8.0 Cloud only, 4.8.1 Cloud only