Set up Predictive Analytics in ITSI
Before you can predict service health scores with ITSI Predictive Analytics, you need to configure the Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit application and optionally set up permissions.
Enable Predictive Analytics
To use Predictive Analytics, you need to install the Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit (MLTK) and share the machine learning macros with all apps so ITSI can access them. To minimize memory and disk consumption, configure the Machine Learning Toolkit configuration file. This will allow the MLTK to handle more memory and events.
- Install the Python for Scientific Computing add-on version 1.3 or later for your operating system:
- Install the Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit. Follow the steps in Install the Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit in the MLTK User Guide. For compatible MLTK versions, see ITSI compatibility with other apps and add-ons.
- Give the MLTK app Global permissions:
- In ITSI, click App: IT Service Intelligence > Manage Apps.
- In the filter bar, enter
Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit.
- Click Permissions.
- Ensure that All apps (system) is selected.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Configure the MLTK to handle more memory and events:
- Create a copy of
- Configure the following settings under the [default] stanza and in each algorithm-specific stanza:
Setting Recommended value
- Save the file and restart Splunk software.
- Create a copy of
The following table summarizes the ITSI roles and corresponding Predictive Analytics capabilities:
Overview of Predictive Analytics in ITSI
Access Predictive Analytics in ITSI
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Service Intelligence: 4.5.0 Cloud only, 4.5.1 Cloud only, 4.6.0 Cloud only, 4.6.1 Cloud only, 4.6.2 Cloud only, 4.7.0, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.8.0 Cloud only, 4.8.1 Cloud only, 4.9.0