Swap between services within glass tables in ITSI
Service swapping in IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) glass tables lets you switch the context of KPIs between different services that contain KPIs with the same title. Enable service swapping to monitor KPI values across multiple services within one glass table.
For example, you have two services called
Middleware. Both services contain the KPI
CPU Utilization %. You enable service swapping for both services so you can switch back and forth between the KPI values for each service. In this way, you're able to monitor CPU utilization for both services in one glass table.
- You must have read access to a glass table in order to perform service swapping.
- You can only swap between services for which you have read access.
Enable service swapping in glass tables
- In the glass tables editor, click the service swapping icon.
- Select the services you want to swap. KPI matching is based on the KPI title, so the services must share at least one KPI title for swapping to function properly.
- Click Enable.
- Use the Service Swapping dropdown to switch KPI context between the selected services. When you swap services, all shared KPI values update to reflect the KPI values for the selected service.
- Click save when you're finished. The service swapping settings are saved and apply the next time you open the glass table.
If you add a new KPI to a glass table and it belongs to a service that can be swapped, the KPI automatically becomes swappable.
Source options reference for the glass table editor in ITSI
Tutorial: Build a glass table to monitor request and volume flow
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Service Intelligence: 4.7.0, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.8.0 Cloud only, 4.8.1 Cloud only, 4.9.0, 4.9.1, 4.9.2, 4.9.3, 4.10.0 Cloud only, 4.10.1 Cloud only, 4.10.2 Cloud only