Grant and revoke user permissions in ITSI
You can set read and write permissions for the following types of ITSI objects:
- Service analyzers
- Glass tables
- Deep dives
- Episode review dashboards
- Correlation searches
- Multi-KPI alerts
- Notable event aggregation policies
These permissions determine which user roles have read/write permissions to specific objects that have been created, such as a shared service analyzer view, a shared glass table, or a correlation search.
These permissions apply to shared objects. A user can create a private object that only they have access to. To set permissions to a private service analyzer, glass table, or deep dive, clone and save the object with Shared in App permissions. The other object types, including episode reviews, correlation searches, multi-KPI alerts, and notable event aggregation policies, are shared by default.
- You must have the configure_perms capability to set permissions for ITSI roles. The itoa_admin and itoa_team_admin roles have this capability by default.
- Before you can set permissions to ITSI objects for a role, the role must have the proper capabilities assigned. For more information, see the ITSI capabilities reference in this manual.
- On the lister page for the object type, such as service analyzer, glass table, deep dive, episode review dashboard, correlation search, or notable event aggregation policy, click Edit under the Actions column for the object and select Edit Permissions.
- Assign read/write permissions to ITSI roles for the object.
- Click Save.
KV store collection permissions in ITSI
Overview of teams in ITSI
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Service Intelligence: 4.5.0 Cloud only, 4.5.1 Cloud only, 4.6.0 Cloud only, 4.6.1 Cloud only, 4.6.2 Cloud only, 4.7.0, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.8.0 Cloud only, 4.8.1 Cloud only, 4.9.0, 4.9.1, 4.9.2, 4.9.3, 4.9.4, 4.10.0 Cloud only, 4.10.1 Cloud only, 4.10.2 Cloud only