About the Content Pack for Windows Dashboards and Reports
The Content Pack for Windows Dashboards and Reports gives you deep visibility into the health and performance of your Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory environments.
It includes components that let you monitor system, server, network, and printer availability. It includes modules that allow you to monitor other aspects of your Windows network, such as:
- Microsoft Windows Server (through the separately available Splunk Add-on for Windows)
- Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory (through the included Splunk Supporting Add-on for Microsoft Windows Active Directory suite)
You can use the Content Pack for Windows Dashboards and Reports to:
- Identify infrastructure problems, such as non-running services and load issues
- Monitor the performance of all servers throughout your Windows environment
- Monitor security events, such as virus outbreaks and anomalous logons
- Track administrative changes to the environment
- Plan for capacity expansion
Note: The ITSI Content Pack for Windows Dashboards and Reports and the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure contain identical knowledge objects that cause a conflict when installed on the same search head deployment. So to avoid conflict, do not install both the apps on the same search head.
This content pack contains the dashboards, reports and the required knowledge objects that are used to populate them.
Content pack installation
The Splunk App for Content Packs contains the Content Pack for Windows Dashboards and Reports. The content pack is automatically available once you install the Splunk App for Content Packs. For more information, see Install the Splunk App for Content Packs.
Use the following table to determine version compatibility with various versions of the Content Pack for Windows Dashboards and Reports:
|Content pack version||ITSI version||IT Essentials Work version||Splunk Add-on for Windows version||Splunk Supporting Add-on for Active Directory version|
|1.0.0||4.9.0 or higher||4.9.0 or higher||7.0.0, 8.0.0, 8.1.2||3.0.2, 3.0.3|
|Content Pack for Windows Dashboards and Reports||X|
|Splunk Add-on for Windows||X||X||X|
|Splunk Supporting Add-on for Active Directory||X|
Install and configure the Content Pack for VMware Monitoring
Release notes for Content Pack for Windows Dashboards and Reports
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Content Packs for ITSI and IT Essentials Work: current