Install and configure the Content Pack for Example Glass Tables
Perform the following steps to install the Content Pack for Example Glass tables.
Take a full backup of your ITSI environment in case you need to uninstall the content pack later. See Create a full backup of ITSI.
Step 1: Install the content pack
If you're a Splunk Cloud Platform customer, you can install the content pack directly through the Splunk App for Content Packs in a future release. You can also install content packs through the ITSI REST API. If you're an on-premises customer on a version lower than 4.8.0, see Install the content pack in an on-premises instance.
Install the content pack through the REST API
On ITSI version 4.8.x you can use the itoa_interface/content_pack endpoint to install content packs through the ITSI REST API. The endpoint includes GET operations to fetch versioning information and preview the contents of the content pack, and a POST operation to install content packs.
Install the content pack on an on-premises instance
Perform the following steps to install the content pack:
- Download the following ITSI backup file: BACKUP-CP-GT-1.0.1.zip
- On your ITSI search head, create a restore job and upload the backup file. For instructions, see Restore from a backup zip file.
- After the restore job completes, confirm that the objects included in the content pack are restored to your environment.
Configure glass tables
Review the installed glass tables and update their data sources to reflect your own data sources. All values in the glass table are hard-coded and must be updated with KPIs or ad-hoc searches to reflect data in real time.
- From the ITSI main menu, click Glass Tables.
- Open the glass table you want to update.
- Click Edit.
- Select one of the single value visualizations and update Data Source - primary to reflect your own KPI or Splunk data source.
- Optionally, make other additions and changes to the glass table.
- Click savewhen you are finished.
For more information about editing glass tables, see Overview of the glass table editor in ITSI in the Service Insights manual.
Release notes for the Content Pack for Example Glass Tables
Glass table reference for the Content Pack for Example Glass Tables
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Content Packs for ITSI and IT Essentials Work: current