Use the Content Pack for Third-party APM
After you install and configure the content pack, you can immediately start monitoring your applications' performance. The content pack contains several useful views and dashboards that provide visibility into the different metrics of your applications.
Monitor your applications' overall performance
There are three glass tables that you can use to monitor your applications' performance at a high level. Select Glass Tables from the ITSI menu and select a glass table to view. From the Edit menu you can edit or clone the glass table to customize it to meet your needs.
All-In-One Glass Table
Using the All-In-One glass table you can monitor all KPIs for all 3 third-party vendors in one place. The services are broken down into Applications Performance services and End-User Experience services.
Overview Glass Table
Using the Overview glass table you can monitor the combined metrics for Applications Performance services and End-User Experience Services. You can click a metric to navigate to the service in the Service Analyzer to review the KPIs that roll up to the metric in the glass table.
APM_OnlineRetail_Demo Glass Table
The APM_OnlineRetail_Demo glass table was designed with four critical online service KPI's to help you to monitor an online retail application.
Monitor your applications' services
The Service Analyzer - APM included in this content pack provides instant, real-time visibility into the performance of your applications with granular, composite performance metrics across the entire service tree. Detect service anomalies faster with visibility into the performance of each one of the service components that affect your applications' overall performance.
To access the custom APM service analyzer, follow these steps:
- From the ITSI menu, select Service Analyzer > Analyzers.
- Select Service Analyzer - APM from the list of analyzers.
Monitor your applications' entities
The content pack includes the APM entity type that groups entities originating from AppDynamics, DynaTrace, and New Relic.
The APM entity type contains a set of vital metrics. Vital metrics are statistical calculations based on SPL searches that represent the overall health of entities of that type. To view the Entity Health page for the entity type, follow these steps:
- From the ITSI menu or IT Essentials Work menu, select Infrastructure Overview.
- In the Group by dropdown, choose Entity Type.
- Select the APM entity type to drill down into its vital metrics.
For more information about entity types and vital metrics, see Overview of entity types in ITSI in the Entity Integrations manual.
These are the vital metrics for the APM entity type:
|APM_App_Availability||Average availability time.|
|APM_App_Response_Time||Average response time.|
|APM_App_Error_Rate||Average error rate.|
|APM_App_Apdex||Average Apdex score.|
|APM_App_Health||Latest health score.|
You can select an individual entity on the Entity Health page to drill down further into its performance metrics and log events. The Event Data Search dashboard displays the most recent log events associated with an entity over the last hour. The Analytics dashboard lets you view the trend of data coming in from each host by source type in a single snapshot.
To learn more about the available entity dashboards, see the following resources:
- To use the Event Data Search, see Event Data Search dashboard in ITSI.
- To use the Analytics dashboard, see Analyze entity performance metrics in ITSI.
Use APM dashboards
The content pack includes 14 dashboards that were migrated from the vendor-specific apps (the Splunk App for AppDynamics, the Splunk App DynaTrace, and the Splunk App for New Relic) so that you can easily access them in one place.
To view the APM dashboards follow these steps:
- Select Dashboards > Dashboards from the ITSI or the IT Essentials Work menu.
- Enter "APM" in the filter field to filter the list of dashboards.
- Select a dashboard to view.
- (Optional) From the Edit menu you can edit or clone the dashboard to customize it to meet your needs.
- APM AppDynamics Applications
- APM AppDynamics Incidents
- APM AppDynamics Overview
- APM DynaTrace Application Overview
- APM DynaTrace Application Host Investigator
- APM DynaTrace Application Host Overview
- APM DynaTrace Process Group Instance Investigator
- APM DynaTrace Application Service Overview
- APM DynaTrace Application Trend Analysis
New Relic Dashboards
- APM New Relic Key Transactions
- APM New Relic Key Mobile Applications
- APM New Relic Key Web Applications
Set up alerts for your applications
Because acceptable metrics vary by application, the APM services don't have alert thresholds set up by default. Go to the KPI Alerting documentation for steps to set up alert thresholds to generate notable events for your services and KPIs.
Once you set up alerts for your KPIs they are aggregated into meaningful episodes on the Episode Review page. To monitor and investigate all episodes for your applications, go to Episode Review. You can drill down into individual episodes to perform more granular root-cause analysis.
For more information about navigating and using Episode Review, go to the Overview of Episode Review in ITSI in the Event Analytics manual.
Upgrade to version 1.0.1 of the Content Pack for Third-party APM
Troubleshoot the Content Pack for Third-party APM
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Content Packs for ITSI and IT Essentials Work: current