Inherit content into a new version
In most cases, when you create a new version of an existing product, the easiest thing to do is inherit all the content from the previous version into the new version, and then branch what needs branching in subsequent operations.
Before you inherit content into the new version, make sure the version you want to inherit to exists.
1. Navigate to the Special:BranchInherit page on your Ponydocs instance.
2. Select the product and versions you're inheriting from and to, and click Continue to Manuals.
3. Select the manual or manuals that contain topics you want to inherit. Typically when you're inheriting content into a new version, you'll want to select all the manuals from the previous version.
4. Click Continue to Topics.
5. Review the list of topics and ensure the desired action is selected for each topic, then click Process Request.
The topics are branched.
Branch multiple topics at once
Permissions in Ponydocs
This documentation applies to the following versions of Ponydocs: 1.0