You can invite one or more users with whom you want to collaborate to join your Splunk Cloud Services tenant.
If you have a large number of users who you want to join your tenant, you can use just-in-time (JIT) provisioning to grant those users access to your tenant automatically when they first log in. While users do not receive an invite email, they get access to your tenant immediately when you enable this method. See Just-in-time provisioning to join users to your tenant automatically.
- You must create a tenant before you can invite a user. Contact your Splunk representative if you don't yet have a tenant.
- You must have an administrator role to invite a user.
Invite a user
Follow these steps to invite one or more new users to join your tenant:
- Go to the Users tab on the Splunk Cloud Console page and click + Invite User.
- On the Invite new user modal, complete the following fields:
Field Description Example Email address Enter the email address of the user or users you want to invite. You can invite up to 20 users. firstname.lastname@example.org Available groups Select one or more of the groups available in this tenant to assign to all of the users. tenant.admins Note (optional) You can optionally enter a message that the newly invited user will receive in the invitation email. Hello! Let's analyze data in Splunk Cloud Services Assigned groups View the groups that this user has already been assigned. You can assign additional groups in the Available groups field. tenant.users
- Click Next.
- Review the email addresses to send invitations to and click Send Invite.
The email message contains a link that the new user uses to accept your invite and join your tenant.
Manage users and permissions
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Cloud Services: current
Feedback submitted, thanks!