Set up the Splunk App for ServiceNow
When you open the Splunk App for ServiceNow for the first time, you land on a blank Overview dashboard.
Set up the app to gather data from your ServiceNow instance and start using your dashboards using the Configure tab, visible to Splunk administrators.
Note: If you are on a distributed on-premises environment and have not run the remote target command, this topic does not apply to you. Instead, follow the configuration directions in "Set up the Splunk Add-on for ServiceNow" in the Splunk Add-on for ServiceNow manual, part of the Supported Add-ons documentation.
1. Click Configure on the top menu, then click Account setup.
2. Enter the URL for your ServiceNow environment.
Note: Your ServiceNow URL should not end with any special characters. Remove any trailing slashes.
3. Provide a Username and Password for the account the Splunk platform should use to pull data from your ServiceNow database tables, and, optionally, push data to ServiceNow.
Note: If you configured ServiceNow to integrate with the Splunk platform, be sure to use the same username that you configured during the integration for this setup step. If you did not perform this configuration, use an account that has, at minimum, read-only permissions to the database tables from which you want to collect data.
4. (Optional) In the Advanced Settings section, you can set two default parameters for your data collection.
- Default data collection interval means how frequently the add-on pulls the data from a database table. The default is 120 seconds.
- Default start time for data collection sets the point of time from which the add-on collects the data from the database table. The default is one year ago.
5. Click Save. If the configuration is successful, the Splunk App for ServiceNow begins collecting data from the preconfigured inputs immediately. To review these inputs, or to learn how to adjust or disable them, see "Inputs overview for the Splunk App for ServiceNow".
Migrate from a community-supported version of the Splunk App for ServiceNow
Inputs overview for the Splunk App for ServiceNow
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for ServiceNow: 4.0.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3