The following features are deprecated in Splunk 4.3 and will be removed from the product in a future release:
- AIX 5.2: Support for AIX 5.2 is deprecated, and may be removed entirely in a future release. AIX 5.3 and 6.1 remain generally available in 4.3 and there are no plans to reduce support.
- AIX 32-bit: Support for 32-bit AIX is available from Splunk Customer Support, but is not posted for general download. In a future releases 32-bit AIX may not be available. 64-bit AIX remains generally available in 4.3 and there are no plans to reduce support for 64-bit AIX.
- FreeBSD 6.x: Support for FreeBSD 6.x is deprecated, and may be removed entirely in a future release. FreeBSD 7.x and 8.x remain generally available in 4.3 and there are no plans to reduce support.
- Multicast search peer discovery: This feature is replaced by explicit peer configuration with SSL security. The following settings in
distsearch.confare deprecated in this release:
- Round-robin load balancing: This feature was deprecated in Splunk 4.2. Automatic load balancing is now the default.
Deprecated features and platforms will continue to work Splunk will support them through the 4.3.x lifecycle. However, customers should begin planning now for the future removal of these features from the supported set of products.
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.5, 4.3.6, 4.3.7