About reports, dashboards, and data visualizations
Using Splunk's powerful IT search capabilities to investigate issues and gather important knowledge about your enterprise is only the first part of the overall equation. Draw on Splunk's ability to swiftly analyze the information you uncover through your searches and use it to create compelling visualizations in the form of reports and charts.
This chapter contains a variety of topics around the creation of useful search data visualizations with Splunk, as well as the methods you can use to ensure that others see your creations (via dashboards, emailed PDFs, and more).
Using reporting commands
- See a primer on the use of reporting commands (commands that generate data structures that form the basis of tables and charts).
- Learn how to design reports and charts that are updated in real time.
Understanding Splunk data visualizations
- Learn about the different kinds of visualizations (tables, charts, event listings, and more) that you can create.
- Familiarize yourself with the data structure requirements for the different visualization types, to better understand how to design searches for them.
- Get a better understanding of how chart and table drilldown works.
- Discover how Splunk's report builder makes the definition, generation, and formatting of sophisticated reports a snap.
- Learn how to save your reports and share them with others.
Creating and maintaining dashboards
- Learn how your enterprise can design dashboard views containing charts that display data critical to your day-to-day business processes.
- Find out how to create and maintain dashboards with the Splunk Web UI.
- Learn how to change and format dashboard panel visualizations with the Visualization Editor.
- Find out how to have PDF printouts of dashboards emailed to interested parties on a regular schedule.
Create a scheduled search
Use reporting commands
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.5, 4.3.6, 4.3.7