Manage your licenses
This topic discusses managing Splunk licenses. Before you proceed, you may want to review these topics:
- Read "How Splunk licensing works" in this manual for an introduction to Splunk licensing.
- Read "Groups, stacks, pools, and other terminology" in this manual for more information about Splunk license terms.
- Read "Manage licenses from the CLI" in this manual for help with performing some of these tasks from the command line.
For information about upgrading an existing license, see "Migrate to the new Splunk licenser" in the Installation Manual.
Delete a license
If a license expires, you can delete it. To delete one or more licenses:
1. On the license master, navigate to Manager > Licensing.
2. Click Delete next to the license you want to delete.
3. Click Delete again to confirm.
Note: You cannot delete the last license in a list of licenses on a license master.
View license usage
You can monitor license usage with the deployment monitor app. The license usage page of the deployment monitor shows a wide range of historical information. There's also a license report page that provides details on daily license usage over a 60 day period.
To learn about the Deployment Monitor App and how it can help you monitor license usage, read the Deploy and Use Splunk Deployment Monitor App Manual.
Add an indexer to a license pool
Swap the license master
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3, 5.0.4, 5.0.5, 5.0.6, 5.0.7, 5.0.8, 5.0.9, 5.0.10, 5.0.11, 5.0.12, 5.0.13, 5.0.14, 5.0.15, 5.0.16, 5.0.17, 5.0.18