Install a license
This topic discusses installing new licenses. You can install multiple licenses on a Splunk license master. Before you proceed, you may want to review these topics:
- Read "How Splunk licensing works" in this manual for an introduction to Splunk licensing.
- Read "Groups, stacks, pools, and other terminology" in this manual for more information about Splunk license terms.
For information about upgrading an existing license, see "Migrate to the new Splunk licenser" in the Installation Manual.
Add a new license
To add a new license:
1. Navigate to Manager > Licensing.
2. Click Add license.
3. Either click Choose file and navigate to your license file and select it, or click copy & paste the license XML directly... and paste the text of your license file into the provided field.
4. Click Install. If this is the first Enterprise license that you are installing, you must restart Splunk. Your license is installed.
Groups, stacks, pools, and other terminology
Configure a license master
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.5, 4.3.6, 4.3.7, 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3, 5.0.4, 5.0.5, 5.0.6, 5.0.7, 5.0.8, 5.0.9, 5.0.10, 5.0.11, 5.0.12, 5.0.13, 5.0.14, 5.0.15, 5.0.16, 5.0.17, 5.0.18