Configure users with Splunk Web
To configure users and roles In Splunk Web:
1. Click System in the main menu.
2. Click Access controls.
3. Click Users.
4. Click New or select an existing user to edit that user.
5. Specify or change the information for the user. You can specify the user's:
- full name.
- email address.
- time zone. This allows users to view events and other information in their own time zone.
- default app. This overrides the default app inherited from the user's role.
6. Assign the user to an existing role or roles and click Save.
You can also create a role specifically for a user, defining exactly what access that user has to Splunk. You can then assign the user to that role. For information about roles, read "About role-based user access."
For information about managing user settings, see the Splunk Enterprise Administration Guide.
Set up Splunk authentication
Configure users with the CLI
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3, 6.0.4, 6.0.5, 6.0.6, 6.0.7, 6.0.8, 6.0.9, 6.0.10, 6.0.11, 6.0.12, 6.0.13, 6.0.14, 6.0.15, 6.1, 6.1.1, 6.1.2, 6.1.3, 6.1.4, 6.1.5, 6.1.6, 6.1.7, 6.1.8, 6.1.9, 6.1.10, 6.1.11, 6.1.12, 6.1.13, 6.1.14