Configure peer nodes with the dashboard
You can edit the peer cluster configuration through its dashboard. To access the dashboard:
1. Click Settings on the upper right side of Splunk Web.
2. In the Distributed Environment group, click Indexer clustering.
3. Select the Edit button on the upper right side of the dashboard.
The Edit button provides a number of options that affect the configuration.
Note: The Edit button is disabled for multisite clusters.
For information on using this dashboard to view cluster status, see "View the peer dashboard".
Change cluster configuration
To change the configuration for this peer node, select the Configuration option:
- To change the master, edit the Master IP address or hostname and Master port fields.
- To change the replication port, edit the Peer replication port field.
- To change the secret key, edit the Security key field.
Remove the peer from a cluster
To remove the peer from the cluster, select the Disable Indexer Clustering option.
The Edit button presents one other option: Node Type.
Caution: It is extremely unlikely that you will want to change the node type for nodes in an active cluster. Consider the consequences carefully before doing so.
Peer node configuration overview
Configure peer nodes with server.conf
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.2.0, 6.2.1, 6.2.2, 6.2.3, 6.2.4, 6.2.5, 6.2.6, 6.2.7, 6.2.8, 6.2.9, 6.2.10, 6.2.11, 6.2.12, 6.2.13, 6.2.14, 6.2.15