Alert details page
Open an alert's detail page to modify the alert search or other settings. The alert details page also displays alert trigger history.
Modify the search for an alert from the Alert detail page
- From the alert detail page, select Edit > Open in Search.
- In the Search page that opens, modify the search.
- Run the modified search.
- Click Save to update the alert. Click Save in the dialog that appears.
- Select from the following:
- View Alert
Opens the detail page for the alert.
- Continue Editing
Return to the search page
To view and modify the permissions for the alert.
- View Alert
View and modify alert details
The Alert details page provides a listing of the current settings for an alert. You can view and modify the following details:
- Whether the alert is enabled
- Alert type, Scheduled or Real-time
- Trigger condition
View an alert's trigger history
If you specify List in Triggered Alerts as an alert action, the alert detail page lists the trigger history for the alert.
From the trigger history you can view the results that triggered the alert.
You can also view trigger history from the Alerts Manager.
- From the Splunk Enterprise menu bar, select Activity > Triggered Alerts.
- In the Alert Manager, filter the results according to App, Owner, Severity, and Alert name.
- Take the following actions from the Alert Manager:
- View the results.
- Edit the search.
- Delete a triggered alert listing.
For more information, see Review triggered alerts.
Using the alert actions manager
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.3.0, 6.3.1, 6.3.2, 6.3.3, 6.3.4, 6.3.5, 6.3.6, 6.3.7, 6.3.8, 6.3.9, 6.3.10, 6.3.11, 6.3.12, 6.3.13, 6.3.14