Saves search results to the specified CSV file on the local search-head in the
$SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/splunk directory. Updates to
$SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/*.csv using the
outputcsv command are not replicated across the cluster.
outputcsv [append=<bool>] [create_empty=<bool>] [dispatch=<bool>] [usexml=<bool>] [singlefile=<bool>] [<filename>]
- Syntax: append=<bool>
- Description: If
appendis true, the command attempts to append to an existing CSV file, if the file exists. If the CSV file does not exist, a file is created. If there is an existing file that has a CSV header already, the command only emits the fields that are referenced by that header. The command cannot append to .gz files.
- Syntax: create_empty=<bool>
- Description: If set to true and there are no results, creates a 0-length file. When false, no file is created and if
append=false, the file is deleted if it previously existed.
- Syntax: dispatch=<bool>
- Description: If set to true, refers to a file in the job directory in
- Syntax: <filename>
- Description: Specify the name of a CSV file to write the search results. This file should be located in
$SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/splunk. Directory separators are not permitted in the filename. If no filename is specified, the command rewrites the contents of each result as a CSV row into the "_xml" field. Otherwise writes into a file (appends ".csv" to filename if filename has no existing extension).
- Syntax: singlefile=<bool>
- Description: If
singlefileis set to true and the output spans multiple files, collapses it into a single file.
- Syntax: usexml=<bool>
- Description: If there is no filename, specifies whether or not to encode the CSV output into XML. This option should not be used when invoking the
outputcsvfrom the UI.
There is no limit to the number of results that can be saved to the CSV file.
Example 1: Output search results to the CSV file 'mysearch.csv'.
... | outputcsv mysearch
Have questions? Visit Splunk Answers and see what questions and answers the Splunk community has using the outputcsv command.
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.3.0, 6.3.1, 6.3.2, 6.3.3