Build customizations for the Splunk platform
Learn about Splunk platform customizations and extensions, including custom alert actions and modular inputs. See Developer resources to explore available options.
Advanced XML Deprecation
As of Splunk Enterprise 6.3, the Advanced XML feature of the Splunk Web Framework is officially deprecated.
What deprecation means
There will no longer be any feature enhancements to the Advanced XML framework.
Support during deprecation
- Any apps or dashboards using Advanced XML will continue to work.
- Advanced XML will continue to be supported. Bugs will be fixed and support cases will be handled.
New app development and app migration
- Because there will be no further investment in the Advanced XML framework, any future development should be done using other features of the Splunk Web Framework (Simple XML, Simple XML jS/CSS extensions, HTML).
- For existing apps or dashboards that use Advanced XML, while not necessary, we request that developers begin the migration process away from Advanced XML. We encourage developers to provide feedback at email@example.com if there are any issues with migration.
- For information about building dashboards and other visualizations using Simple XML, see Build dashboards using Simple XML in Dashboards and Visualizations.
Notice of removal
A date has not yet been identified for removing Advanced XML from Splunk Enterprise. Notice of Advanced XML removal will be provided at least one release in advance of the removal.
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.3.0, 6.3.1, 6.3.2, 6.3.3, 6.3.4, 6.3.5, 6.3.6, 6.3.7, 6.3.8, 6.3.9, 6.3.10, 6.3.11, 6.3.12, 6.3.13, 6.3.14, 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.4.5, 6.4.6, 6.4.7, 6.4.8, 6.4.9, 6.4.10, 6.4.11