Map groups to roles
When you configure your Splunk server to use your SAML authentication system, you can authorize groups on your SAML server to login by mapping them to Splunk roles.
1. In the Settings menu, select Access Controls > Authentication method.
2. Select SAML as your authentication type.
3. Click Configure Splunk to use SAML.
4. In the "SAML Groups" page, click New Group or click Edit link for a group you want to modify.
5. Provide a name for your group.
6. Determine the roles you want to assign to this group by moving the desired roles from the left column to the right column.
7. Click Save.
Configure alias and advanced settings for SSO
Configure SAML SSO in the configuration files
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.3.0, 6.3.1, 6.3.2, 6.3.3, 6.3.4, 6.3.5, 6.3.6, 6.3.7, 6.3.8, 6.3.9, 6.3.10, 6.3.11, 6.3.12, 6.3.13, 6.3.14