Manage your licenses
This topic discusses managing Splunk Enterprise licenses. Before you proceed, you may want to review these topics:
- Read How Splunk licensing works in this manual.
- Read Groups, stacks, pools, and other terminology in this manual.
- Read Manage licenses from the CLI in this manual for help with performing some of these tasks from the command line.
For information about upgrading an existing license, see Migrate to the new Splunk licenser in the Installation Manual.
Delete a license
If a license expires, you can delete it. To delete one or more licenses:
1. On the license master, navigate to System > Licensing.
2. Click Delete next to the license you want to delete.
3. Click Delete again to confirm.
Note: You cannot delete the last license in a list of licenses on a license master.
View license usage
You can monitor license usage across your deployment with the License Usage Report View. Access the view in System > Licensing > Usage Report. Read more about the License Usage Report View in the next chapter.
Add an indexer to a license pool
Swap the license master
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.3.0, 6.3.1, 6.3.2, 6.3.3, 6.3.4, 6.3.5, 6.3.6, 6.3.7, 6.3.8, 6.3.9, 6.3.10, 6.3.11, 6.3.12, 6.3.13, 6.3.14, 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.4.5, 6.4.6, 6.4.7, 6.4.8, 6.4.9, 6.4.10, 6.4.11