Single-instance DMC setup steps
This topic is an overview of the steps to set up your distributed management console (DMC) to monitor a single Splunk Enterprise instance and its forwarders, and to use the DMC's platform alerts. To configure DMC monitoring on a distributed Splunk Enterprise deployment, see Multi-instance deployment setup steps.
- Make sure your instance meets the prerequisites. See DMC setup prerequisites.
- Set up the DMC in standalone mode. See Configure DMC in standalone mode.
- If you want to use the DMC forwarder dashboards, set up forwarder monitoring. See Configure forwarder monitoring for the DMC.
- You can optionally enable preconfigured platform alerts. See Platform alerts.
- You can optionally customize color mappings for the Overview page. Navigate to Distributed Management Console > Settings > Overview Preferences.
Verify the prerequisites on your instance. See DMC setup prerequisites.
Multi-instance deployment DMC setup steps
Which instance should host the console?
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.4.5, 6.4.6, 6.4.7, 6.4.8, 6.4.9, 6.4.10, 6.4.11