This page lists computing platforms, browsers, and features for which Splunk has deprecated or removed support.
What does "deprecated" mean?
Deprecated features and platforms continue to work and Splunk supports them until support is removed. However, customers should begin to plan now for the future removal of support.
What does "removed" mean?
When Splunk removes support for a feature, browser, or platform, it means that the feature, browser, or platform no longer works with the Splunk platform, and customers must find an alternative.
Splunk Enterprise platform support: Supported platforms for Splunk Enterprise will be identified as either Enterprise, Free/Trial, or Universal Forwarder.
- Enterprise: Full Splunk features and functions.
- Free/Trial: May be downloaded for demo and free use. May not support all features and functions.
- Universal Forwarder: Platforms that support the Splunk universal forwarder.
- Windows 7 x86-32 & x86_64: Free/Trial and Universal Forwarder support has been deprecated and might be removed entirely in a future release.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x86_64: Enterprise, Free/Trial, and Universal Forwarder support has been deprecated and might be removed entirely in a future release.
- Mac OS X 10.9: Free/Trial and Universal Forwarder support has been deprecated and might be removed entirely in a future release.
- Linux Kernel 2.6 x86-32: Universal Forwarder support has been deprecated and might be removed entirely in a future release.
- Windows Server 2008 x86-32 & x86_64: Enterprise, Free/Trial, and Universal Forwarder support for Windows Server 2008 x86 & x86_64 has been removed.
- FreeBSD 8 x86-32: Universal Forwarder support for Free BSD 8 x86 has been removed.
- Linux Kernel 2.6 x86-32: Enterprise and Free/Trial support for Linux Kernel 2.6 x86-32 has been removed.
- HP-UX 11i v2 for Itanium-64: Universal Forwarder support for HP-UX 11i v2 for Itanium-64 has been removed.
File systems removed
Internet Explorer versions 9 and 10. Support for these versions of the Internet Explorer browser have been removed. Also, Microsoft has declared that it will no longer support browsers earlier than Internet Explorer version 11 after January 12, 2016. See "Internet Explorer End of Support" on the Microsoft website.
The following features have been deprecated or removed in Splunk Enterprise version 6.4:
- Dashboard Framework
- Deprecated dual support for option height configuration as "100px" and "100"
- Deprecated the following attributes of <single>
- SplunkWeb Legacy Mode (setting appServerPorts = 0 in web.conf)
- Running Splunk Web in legacy mode (2 processes) is officially deprecated
- This was a temporary workaround for issues that are now resolved
- Normal mode provides performance and configuration benefits
- Dashboard Framework
- Removed support for simple_xml_module_renderer=true in web.conf
- Removed support for simple_xml_force_flash_charting=true in web.conf
- Removed support for (?showsource=advanced) URL request
- Removed support for d3chartview
- Removed support for googlemapsview
- System Activity view
- The information shown in the System Activity view in earlier versions of Splunk Enterprise is now included in Distributed Management Console views. The System Activity view is removed from this version of Splunk Enterprise. For more information, see the Distributed Management Console Manual.
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.4.5, 6.4.6, 6.4.7, 6.4.8, 6.4.9, 6.4.10, 6.4.11