Use the DMC to view search head cluster status
You can use the distributed management console (DMC) to monitor most aspects of your deployment. This topic discusses the console dashboards that provide insight into search head clusters.
The primary documentation for the distributed management console is located in the Distributed Management Console Manual.
There are several search head clustering dashboards under the Search menu:
- Search Head Clustering: Status and Configuration
- Search Head Clustering: Configuration Replication
- Search Head Clustering: Artifact Replication
- Search Head Clustering: Scheduler Delegation
- Search Head Clustering: App Deployment
These dashboards provide a wealth of information about your search head cluster, such as:
- Cluster member instance names and status
- Identification of current captain and captain election activity
- Configuration replication performance
- Artifact replication details
- Scheduler activity
- Deployer activity
View the dashboards themselves for more information. In addition, see "Search head clustering dashboards" in the Distributed Management Console Manual.
You can also use the CLI to get basic information about the cluster. See "Use the CLI to view information about a search head cluster."
Use the CLI to view information about a search head cluster
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.3.0, 6.3.1, 6.3.2, 6.3.3, 6.3.4, 6.3.5, 6.3.6, 6.3.7, 6.3.8, 6.3.9, 6.3.10, 6.3.11, 6.3.12, 6.3.13, 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.4.5, 6.4.6, 6.4.7, 6.4.8, 6.4.9, 6.4.10, 6.4.11